VanFUNDING 2017 Conference & Hackathon
Nov 27-28, Downtown Vancouver, Canada
(1) MONDAY, NOV 27 (5:30pm – 8pm); The Diamond (Gastown): Join speakers, investors, stealth and high growth start-ups in the Blockchain, ICO, Crypto, Crowdfinance, P2P, Fintech, Altfi and Global digital marketplace for a pre-VanFUNDING VIP welcome networking reception sponsored by Gowling WLG Canada. Note, VIP All access registration is required to attend (limited capacity).
(2) TUESDAY, NOV 28 (8am – 6:30pm); J. Morris Wosk Centre for Advanced Dialogue: Join us Tuesday, November 28 in downtown Vancouver at the J. Morris Wosk Centre for Advanced Dialogue (‘Theater in the Round’) and engage with leading experts and practitioners in a unique and premium UN-style venue selected to elevate thought provoking discussion and inclusive speaking participation for attendees. This venue will host the full day VanFUNDING 2017 conference AND Regtech Sandbox Hackathon.
(1) Monday, Nov 27 from 5:30pm – 8pm
The Diamond (Gastown)
6 Powell St. Vancouver, BC V6B 1G7 (map)
- Pre-VanFUNDING 2017 VIP Networking welcome
Days until VanFUNDING 2017 Kicks off
(2) Tuesday, Nov 28 from 8am – 6:30pm
Morris J. Wosk Centre for Advanced Dialogue
580 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6B 5K3 (map)
- Full day conference + Regtech Sandbox Hackathon
The Centre for Dialogue is located in downtown Vancouver’s Heritage District, close to historic Gastown, theatres, galleries and sports arenas. SFU’s other meeting venues are close by—Harbour Centre, the main downtown campus, is across the street, the Segal Building is one block away and the Goldcorp Centre for the Arts is three blocks away. The city’s principal transportation hub, Waterfront Station, is also one block away, providing access to public transit, including the SeaBus, SkyTrain and West Coast Express. Vancouver’s international airport (YVR) is just 35 minutes by car. Rapid transit between the airport and downtown Vancouver, the Canada Line, is only one block from the Centre for Dialogue. Nearly all of Vancouver’s major hotels are within a short walking distance, along with shopping districts, art galleries and restaurants. The Vancouver Convention Centre is an easy seven-minute walk from the Centre for Dialogue.
Registration, Networking, Cocktails
- Samuel & Frances Belzberg Atrium
Main presentation and discussion hall
- Asian Pacific Hall (APH)
Blockchain / Fintech ‘Business Concept’ Hackathon
- ICBC Concourse
- ICBC Salons